Friday 28 October 2011

Making my Tudor house

We have stared making my Tudor house. My Mum's partner Andy is helping me make it.

He had lots of cardboard boxes in his loft so we went and got some.

We are copying a photogragh that we found on the internet, which we have already posted here two entries ago. This makes my house more complex than Sean's was. His house was made with one box on top of a another, and has a simple roof. The house in this photogragh is 'L' shaped, so we have made mine the same. That house is shown with a garden with a wall around it. So we are using a produce box to make it the same.

This is a picture of what we have made so far.



We used two boxes to make the ground floor. We cut them to make them the same height. We cut out all the first floor walls out of different pieces of cardboard and stuck them together with masking tape. Andy made the roof because it was complicated.

Last year my brother Sean had to do the same project. Here is a picture of his house.



Here are the two houses side by side.



The next thing to do is to make the doors and windows. We might paint the house before we do this.

I will write another post when we have done this.

No comments: